We are all disappointed that we had to cancel the Middletown Grange Fair this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic. As a fun alternative, the Fair is hosting a Virtual exhibit. Everything will be done via the internet. You can show off all the wonderful exhibits you would have brought to the Fair and win “virtual” ribbons. Here's how it works:
1. All normal rules for Fair exhibits will apply unless otherwise noted.
2. All entries that are entered in this Virtual Showdown can also be entered next year at the 2021 Fair.
3. There is no cost to enter but donations are appreciated. The Fair and Grange still have fixed costs for the year so finances will be tight for starting up the Fair next year. We are a 501c3 organization so your donation may be tax deductible. We need your help!
4. Most of the categories will be the same as previous years but some may be different, notably the Home Products Department. Please go by the lists below, NOT previous years books.
5. No premiums will be paid and all ribbons will be virtual. Up to 3 places will be awarded. Winners will be announced on the website on Wednesday, August 12, 2020.
6. You will enter by uploading a photo (or 2 for certain departments) of your entry to a Dropbox folder. ALL JUDGING WILL BE DONE BASED ON THIS PHOTO!
7. All photos submitted may be used in Fair publications.
1. Take a photo of your entry and rename it using the following format:
Ex. Mary Smith, an adult, is entering a color photograph in the Still Life category. The name of the file would be:
2. The Baked Products Division and the Needlecraft Divisions require 2 photographs; one of the whole item and a second of a slice of the baked good or a close-up of the needlework/construction. Label these as A and B. ex. 560AMarySmith.jpg and 560BMarySmith.jpg (for a Knit Handbag)
3. MAXIMUM PHOTO SIZE IS 1MG
4. Upload your photos using the following link:
Virtual Showdown Entry Period Closed. Check back August 12th for the winners!
If you have any questions please send an email to Middletowngrangefair@icloud.com